Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what would happend if i plug poweramp + head????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Mar 26, 2005.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    ok!!!
    Can i plug an amp head into a poweramp??? (well i know i can, but will it work?) i was wondering if i could get more watts plugging a head into a poweramp??

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    ouch! Don't do that! You won't dig the results. You can however plug your line out, or balanced output into anything you want. Hmm, and chain some cabs off it and your head at the same time. I dunno, but don't go running the power outs from your head into the ins of a power amp, the power amp will definitely object.

3. You can connect the line out, DI out, or effects send to a power amp. DO NOT plug the speaker outs into a power amp. With a power amp connected you can still use the power section of your head and have the power of the new power amp. There is no way to combine these amps power (bridging.)

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hahahaha!!! ^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

5. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yeah.... you can use your head as a preamp... that's what I do. But like.... dont run POWER into the SIGNAL input of the power amp. Like..... that's giving me goosebumps right now :eek:

But... if your head is patched into the power amp (as a preamp), you can still use your head's power amp to power a separate cab. Just.... ya know.... dont do anything that makes you think about destruction. :cool:

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hahahaha!!! ^
    . |
    . |
    . |
    . |
    . |
    . |
    . |