What Would I Gain with a 1x15??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm really interested in this thread as I should have my fully functioning Epi T310, this coming week.

I went with the 310 so that I could have a killer rig with only one speaker cab. But it would be nice to have another option like a T115UL. :bassist:

2. I strongly recommend a 1x15 with the 3x10. I use that combo and it is sweet. Although the 3x10 has great range, when I put a 1x15 (EVM-B) under it my pants started flapping when I dove down below E.
    Thick, fat...you pick the adjective.

3. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Fuzzy Ken
    Did you ever try the NV610 outside? I'm getting pretty close to adding one to my Berg collection.
    I find I need a lot more punch outside. We alway have PA support so up front is not an issue. Even my HT322 doesn't cut sometimes in the great outdoors....wonderful cab though.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

As a matter of fact, I did: 7/26/03. :)

[​IMG]

The NV610 is *definitely* punchy! If you can live without the 10kHz *ping* that a tweeter provides, and don't mind losing a bit of fundamental as you move down towards low B, then the 610 would be an excellent choice. Don't get me wrong, it can do lows and highs, but not as well as the Berg HT series cabs. What you gain is the punch and focus of a sealed array of 10" drivers.

Maybe other NV610 users can comment... and I'm sure Jim B. would be happy to do so as well!

5. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Thanks Ken,
    Nice setup. Those drums look exactly like one of my pal's kit. And he told me they were the only kit like that on the Planet...."why I oughta"

Yes, the NV610 looks awesome and I did talk to Jim seveal times including Corey at Rockcity. I was trying to pick everyone's brain. He likes his too. I've never played SVT cabs so I really was starting from scratch. I have to admit I was a little weary of the sealed/no tweeter thang, and I'm not a big 10" speaker fan, but everything I've been told makes me really start Gasssin' for one. I like the fact that the 610 is very even tone-wise across the board,I'm told. I think I'm going for it although my Outside Season is pretty much over with. I find myself using my HT112/EX112 more in the clubs we play. I like the punch they deliver. I don't slap much and I play all FOUR strings, although the two main axes have Drop-D tuners which I use on and off. So it looks like the NV will be a great addition to my cab arsenal.

I forgot to ask if you Bridge your Stew into the NV610. ???