Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what would you add to this?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joenok, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    Been fooling around with Garageband
    Would like some input and/or ideas for how to develope this song.
    If anyone wants to add something to it (solo track or something) -feel free.

go to:
    http://www11.nrk.no/urort/user/?id=26325

On the right hand side it says "Whisper Change" this is the tune.
    "Lytt" means listen, "last ned" means download-

Feel free to post your thoughts.
    Let me underline the statement that this is just a rough idea, it´s not a finished product. The tune needs more variation and a bridge part or something...
    What do you think?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I do like the watery sounds in the background. Very nice touch, but the voices could be gone, and it would give the song better continuity. I think Muse-esque vocals would fit well if you were to develop lyrics for it. I think the playing is just too cool though! It just has this wonderful trance-like vibe that I really like. If you want to get an idea of what I mean, look for the band Dredg. They are my current favorite band right now.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Garageband is a lot of fun isn't it? :D

As far as what I'd add... well, *I* would probably add some chaotic breakbeats and sweeping synths, but that's just me.

4. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    Yep..
    I have some lyrics for the song. But I´m not ready to submit them yet.
    This tune was originally ment for background music for a slide show. -Therefore it´s a bit monotone and not to "exiting"

I have another more varied tune coming up on this page sometime next week....It´s kind of a "Part II" of the first song.
    Kind of "slow-wootenish", overtones and some mellow chords.
    But one thing at the time.

-Should i have some obscure rythm to go with the last part of the song?
    Have one in thought witch sounds like you´re in at a party with trance music, and you´re sitting at the bottom of a pool nearby.. -The drum beat sounds kind of undefineable, and kind of phasing.
    Hard to describe- But i think it might work to the vibe of the song.

What do you think of the solo tone? Should back down on the delay a bit to make more presence? Using 85% room and 30% echo on it now.
    Using 18 V Bartolini jazz electronics, so I have many different sounds to choose from on the bass as well! Right now the solo bass track is using 80%bridge, 20 %neck -and full mids, 80%bass and 80%treble.

Robot, I love Garageband! It´s easy, yet you can easily come up with really good results on it.!
    When I first start up Garageband, it´s always at least 5 hours before i leave it.... I ordered my new mac mini yesterday... with 1G ram!
    It´s going to be a whole other experience than my 128 mb ram Emac.

5. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    so. if there were to be lyrics. -It should be about someone leaving?
    I used the sample of the airport because i never feel more alone than i do in airports, even though they´re really crowded.

A guy once improviced lyrics for this song, I might use some of that. -Something about a girl that "pretends that she´s forgotten"

Anyone got more ideas? :rolleyes:

6. I REALLY like the whole atmosphere of it. Good tone. Is it me or are the background voices all panned to the left? I think it would be more engrossing if you had sounds on both sides, like you are in an airport, if you go that route.

Again, I liked it a lot, keep up the good work!

7. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    Thanks!
    The sampling is panned slightly to the left due to some technical problems... I will have it fixed soon.

Once again thatnks for all the positive feedback!
    And if someone gets any ideas of solo parts/bridge or even lyrics, feel free to post it..

8. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    If you now click the url posted in the firs post of this thread, "Whisperchange pt.2" is loaded up to the site!

please tell me what you think!

Jørgen