1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would you buy new/used?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by WyrdoBass, Sep 13, 2008.

1. New bass and used amp

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Used bass and new amp

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Stop spending money on the dang carrots and you can get both new!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. If you had the money to get either a new bass and a used amp, or a used bass and a new amp, which option would you choose?

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I would look for both used. You can usually save a ton-o-cash that way. :cool:

3. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    +1000
    I rarely buy anything new anymore

4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    also depend son the options you are looking at. i know if i had around 1500 to play with for those things, i would buy a nice used amp for around 600 or 700(markbass f-1 or a powerfull acoustic image) and then a used lakland bass.

5. both? i think it would rather depend on what deals i am getting

6. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    The only thing it may possibly make sense to buy new is a cab and that is only if you can't find a used one that you like in your area and because of the weight shipping one doesn't make sense.

7. Both used. Much wiser use of $$.

8. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I haven't bought a used instrument yet nor amplifier, but I voted the second option anyway. With amps, there is always a chance the previous owner have abused the amp by pushing it too hard and you don't know how reliable the amp in question is. It's easier to see any possible errors on a bass than it is on an amp.

I've always wanted a vintage Jazz also... :cool:

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Very generally speaking, used bass new amp.