1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would you do different with your life if you had six months to live?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sundogue, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    What if you only had 1 year to live? How about five? Ten? Twenty?

Just curious what you find important now (thinking you might live until you're 90, or at least until you can enjoy retirement for a while) versus thinking today may be your last.

2. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I would take out a massive loan from the bank and do all that stuff that I can't afford to at the moment.

3. +1

4. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I wouldn't do anything different. As it is now, we have no guarantee that tomorrow will ever show up.

5. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Nothing really, just keep doing what I do.

6. Hopefully never have to know what i'd do :p

7. Three words: more blimp rides.

Mike

8. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Quit my job, cash out my 401k and savings, sell my car and all my stuff, hit the road and live like a bohemian. I would eat what I wanted, when I wanted, drink whiskey in the morning, sleep around with every woman I met, live in cheap hotels...Europe, Australia, South America...I would go everywhere and experience everything that I want to do and would do now if it weren't for pesky things like paying bills and saving for retirement and other crap like that.

9. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd apologize to all the people I've inadvertently hurt just by being myself.

10. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    I would keep it a secret as long as possible and keep on doing what I do. I would hate for my kids to worry for the next six months that I was going to die. It would be better if thay did not know so we could enjoy our time together.

11. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Not much different except stop playing the lotto

12. 82Daion

82Daion

Nov 14, 2006
    6 months?

I'd sell everything, buy a car, and take a road trip around America.

I want to do that anyway (the road trip, that is), but that would just give me extra incentive and time enough to do it.

I would want to live every day to the fullest rather than languish.

13. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Heroin.

14. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Let me add...

You only have a limited time to live, but for that entire time, right up until you die, you are in perfect health.

15. Party like there ain't no tomorrow! Cash out my savings/pension/IRAs, etc and throw a monstrous bash. I'd invite TB!!!

16. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

I'd move up my vacation plans from autumn to this summer.

:D

17. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Go and find God, kick him in and make him change his mind about cutting my life short!

18. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    You wouldn't believe how many speeding tickets that I've avoided, using that very same technique!

19. Buy a motorcycle and take a road trip around North America. I might do that anyway.

lowsound

20. leave england and never come back :p