1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what would you do if...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JeffTheBig, Aug 12, 2007.

1. you where out with your longtime girlfriend/wife and some of her male friends and one of them was very heavly flirting with her and shooting looks of death in the car mirror. but every time you make eye contact with him he looks away and when you finaly make eye contact for more than 2 sec he asks the driver to take my girlfriend and i home. i dont know about you but i got very defensive about this.....any insite??. there are people here that are much wiser than i.

p.s this was the first time i have ever meet him.

2. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    more details needed. Maybe your wang was hangin' out??
    Maybe he's your girlfriend/wife's ex, or worse, boyfriend?

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Obviously you should be very suspicious. If it's a girl friend she is easy to dump. If it's a wife you are in deep trouble. IMHO

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Something smells a little rotten there, but I know too little of the situation to really say.

5. she is my long time girlfriend. they have never dated or anything at all for that matter. and i know that i'am her only boyfriend. i just dont know if i should say something to him about it. me and my girlfriend talked and she dident know what to think about the flirting and when i told her about the evil looks she dident know what to think....

6. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    smack a bitch

7. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Some of her male friends?

:eyebrow:

8. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    yea thats what im sayin, i dont trust girls with a lot of guy friends.

9. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I'd open the car door at interstate speed and kick him out while yelling "THIS.... IS.... SPARTAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

10. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha great post!

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    You take him aside so nobody else can hear you and tell him you noticed the dirty looks and flirting. Tell him to stop because you don't have any problem going back to jail.

12. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    keep away from this twart, and he visits make sure he knows his boundries.

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Call him on it next time you see him, then.

Or, just do what Diggler said.

14. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    confronting him about it the next time he does it is the only way to resolve it. if you ask your significant other she'll think you're accusing her of cheating and blow it out of proportion just like every woman does so you can't do that. and you can't ask her friends about it b/c they'll give you some runaround answer and tell your g/f about it who will then accuse you of thinking she was cheating on you and blow it out of proportion.

so yeah...next time y'all are out and the same dude is shooting looks and buying her drinks and everything, just casually stroll up to him and ask him, "hey, if you buy my drinks tonight, i'll let you take her home with ya. just don't tell her...and um...you might wanna wear a rubber cause i just had one of my herpes outbreaks last week"

that should take care of him.

15. Confirm it, and talk to the woman about it, let her know that it's not appropriate and that you are not being "over-protective" as most girls will make it out to be, and be firm with her that if you see it again you will be talking to him about it, and that both of them know that if it goes any farther than that, you will be taking him to the street. Make full example of him if it gets that far. I used to have to deal with this situation a LOT, I don't have to at all anymore after settling on this method. If one gets away with it, others will know there's no threat. If they start NOT getting away with it, they will look elsewhere most often.

16. thank you very much guys you have bin a big help. my girlfriend just told me that her and this guy did go on a date like 4 years ago but nothing happend she would have only bin 14 at the time. but im still feeling really defensive about the hole thing. i plan on confronting ASAP about this because it is really rubing me the wrong way.

17. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    No confrontation.

Your woman is looking to see you get jealous and angry. It's a power trip for her.

Be the better man, and let go of it completely. She's testing you both ways. She wants to test you to see if you'll get pissed at her, to see if she's got you wrapped around her little finger. AND, she's also testing you to see if you're that in love with her, which is the true crime and absolutely bitchy worst of female head games.

And yet all women say they want a guy who isn't interested in playing games with them. HAH!

18. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    +1 but with exceptions:

if she's fanning the flames, so to speak, she's the weakest link in the relationship and you need to work on your "I don't give a %&%" attitude - this will let her know that she's not totally in control and needs to back da $^#% up. LOL

If it's the guy that's the aggressor, confront him, make an example of him and move on. I always liked the "hanging from a meat hook in the basement" approach. :D

19. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    This exact thing happened to me some years ago. We're on our way to a show, and the driver keeps patting my girls leg while talking, everything she said got this big phoney "oooh, I love that too" nonsense, and appearing to give me the stink eye in the mirror. I responded by picking my nose with my middle finger every time he looked back. When we got out of the car, and I had a moment where I could slip the douchbag a word without notice, I said: "flirt all you want dude, she'll still be in my tent later, and if you touch her again it's on like donkey kong" (I said this was a while ago, lol). He avoided both of us until the ride home like we were on fire and he just had a kerosene baptism.

I found out later he had been told before the trip that one of the girls in our gang was single and he got the names mixed up (Lorraine and Elaine, an easy mistake). He spent the 5 hour ride flirting with the wrong girl and wondering why i was flipping him off! Elaine, the one who was actually available, sat mostly bored in the back row: "Psst! Steve-o! What's up with Buck's creepy friend hitting on your girl?" :rolleyes:

20. thanks a lot guys. she is standing behind me on this one. she thinks he was being an a$$ to me all night and wants me to confront him because he is the aggressor. thanks a lot guys