1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would you do? USA Peavey Cirrus 4 or Spector Euro 4 LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrentSimons, May 10, 2010.

1. USA Peavey Cirrus 4 Redwood

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. USA Peavey Cirrus 4 Bubinga

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Spector Euro 4 LX

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. None, I'm sick of these polls!

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Which one would you guys do and why? A Redwood or Bubinga USA Peavey 4 or a Spector Euro 4LX?
    B

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Both basses are very nice. IMO you'll have to play both and decide which one you prefer.

3. sirpug

sirpug

May 8, 2008
    Everett Wa
    Either of the Ciruses (one or two s's?) but that's just MHO. And I am a big Peavey guy so I may be somewhat biased.

4. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    I would take the Peavey, but only if there was an option to swap the preamp. If not, I'd take the Spector.

5. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    I could be wrong, but I believe that the plural would be Cirri. :D

6. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Depends on the application. Of those, the redwood Cirrus would be the smoothest and the Spector would be the most aggressive with the bubinga Cirrus somewhere in between. All 3 of them would be more similar than different.

If I were playing hard-rock/metal, the Spector would be my 1st choice. For almost anything else, I would go with the Cirrus that does it for you. I've used my bubinga Cirrus on everything from Motown to prog-metal, they are a lot more versatile than you would think.

Curious about this, as the preamp on my Cirrus is far superior to the Tonepump. In fact, I would put it above any preamp that Spector uses on their basses, except for the Hazlab. My statement would be the exact opposite of yours, if I took the Spector, it would be with the expectation of changing out the Tonepump for something else. The preamp in the Cirrus is top-notch. Is there something in particular that you don't like about it?

7. Thank you for your input fellas, but after reading the post below about the damages in Nashville this post seems a bit too selfish. Moderaters can we close this thread please?
    Brent