What Would You do

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dimplebutt, Nov 4, 2003.

1. dimplebutt

Oct 13, 2003
    I found someone that wanted to sell an Ashdown mag 400 head but i need some advice.

First he says it's been broken since he got it. basicly it's in new condition and he's just too lazy to try to fix it.

What it does is that it's turns on but when he hooks it up to cabs their is a high pitched sound that comes from it, kinda of like distortion, with and without hooking up a guitar. he says that he called ashdown and he doesn't know about the warranty and he says that it's possible that one of the caps are shot.

What should i do?

He want's 300 for it.
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I had a ashdown rpm-1 pre amp that had about the same problem when I bought it new. The store sent it back and got a new one for me.
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Unless I could find out exactly what was wrong with the amp, and exactly how much it would cost to fix it, I would walk away from that deal...
  4. redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    I would stay away from gear that does not work.
    If the previous owner abused the gear to the point that one thing does not work, who knows what else does not work or might be ready to fail.

Its like used cars with problems - if one thing does not work chances are something else does not work - and in most cases other components are ready to fail. If something does not work, it is probably a lemon.