What would you do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by seanm, Aug 20, 2005.

1. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I bought an EA 500c which is the 12" wizzy cab with a space on top for the iAMP 500 to make it into a combo. I have installed the iAMP in the combo and was hoping to use it at a gig on sunday.

I used it at one quieter practice. I had to turn it up more than usual. Rather than master at 2 I had it at 4. I always have the gain maxed out. I was hoping to give it a good tryout at a rock band practice. However, the practice was cancelled at the last minute.

The gig is not loud, people are able to talk. Below is an image of the room. The band sets up at the back near the white cabinet. No acoustical problems, I just run the iAMP flat, no effects, into a Fender MIJ P.

My previous rig was the iAMP 500 with a CXL-112 and an LDS 1x12/1x6. The LDS was mainly to give more of a vintage sound to the CXL. I am pretty sure the CXL by itself would be ok, but I have never tried it alone. I physically cannot take all three cabs (which would be my first choice).

1. Do I take the iAMP out of the combo and go with the tried and true?
    2. Do I run the 500c by itself untested at giging volumes?
    3. Do I take the 500c and another cab? The wizzy is 4 ohm and the others are 8 ohms.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That is my choice. I always like to go into a gig knowing what I will be getting from my rig. I'd roll up with the 500 and the CXL. You know it is going to sound sweet.