1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by txmulletrocker, May 2, 2006.

1. I found an Ampeg SVT 410-HLF for sale. The horn is missing, and one of the 10"s dosen't match. Cosmetically, I would say 7.5 out of 10. It does however work just at it sits. The asking price is $300 but they didn't know about all of the things that were wrong with it, so they are going to go down on the price. What would you pay for this cab? What do you think it would cost to replace the horn and mismatched 10"?

Anyone want to buy it from me after I buy it and fix it? lol :bag:

2. Surely on all of TB there is SOMEONE who knows a little about this?

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I dunno bout the repair cost, but $300 seems a bit steep for that cab in condition like that.

4. Yea, I wouldn't pay that for it, but they wanted me to make an offer and I had no idea what would be good for it in that condition. I was hoping that someone here would know.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I would go for around $175-200

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    If you end up getting it, I suggest you call Ampeg for replacment drivers. They should not cost a ton.

7. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a slightly abused cab with missing pieces that didn't cost any more than $500 new.

8. Thanks guys. I think I have a good idea of what I'm going to do. I'll post if I get it.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, make sure you let us know. I wouldn't go over $200 for it.

-Mike