1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alex, May 3, 2006.

1. Get the GBE1200

25 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Get the GBE600

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Get something else (carrots)

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. I've been confronted with a gear buying dilemma;

I can either:

sell my Korg DTR-2 and use some of my poker winnings get a Genz Benz GBE1200 for $720 shipped

or

get a Genz Benz GBE600 from MF for $500 + shipping (would it be free shipping? I've never used MF before :confused: )

I am pretty sure that the 1200 would be complete overkill for what I need, but it's just such a good deal! I can always resell it for more if it doesn't work out, eh?

I also don't know how bad lugging aroung a 42 lb head will be. I've never had a big daddy amp like the 1200.

:meh:

comments?

2. OMG buy the GBE1200! If I hadn't found a Basis M-2000 in such pristine condition for a really good price, I would have bought the GBE1200 myself brand spanking new. For $720 (USD, I'm assuming, although it doesn't really make much difference now, :bag: ), that is an absolute steal. You might not need that power for any of your gigs, but you can never have enough headroom. Plus, the separate EQ's for the FET and Tube channels is one badass feature. The M-2000 has it, and I love it!

I say, go for it, if only to be able to show up anyone with a DB750 :D

Peace!

3. judging by the post in OT, your decision just got a lot easier :)

4. Yeah. That would be the case. :(

I was really excited about that.

5. all i can say is if its too good to be true, it is

6. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Better tone control with the 1200, they both absolutely rock, my friend got one, and it absolutely kills!!!!..if i had the money, i would buy the 1200 right away.

7. Usually. Sometimes you find a crazy good deal on eBay or something.