1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tranceFusion, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Lakland 55-02

new from musicians friend (return policy and warranty!) w/ 15% labor day discount: $1129 shipped.

used "mint condition, only a few months old" buy-it-now from ebay with live.com 8% cashback: 947 shipped.

Is it worth saving the $182 and getting the used one? (i could get a dud.. ?)

what would you do?

2. It's worth the $182 IMHO. It's worth a lot more than that to be tied into Lakland's customer service with a brand new bass.

Even though Laklands are incredibly well built, there's no telling what might have happened during the few months someone owned it. If there's no warranty from the E-bay site and for whatever reason there's an issue, you will quickly spend that $182 in repairs and/or shipping.

Get the new one.

3. +1.
    Go with the warranty.

4. +1 on the new one. Always try to get a warranty.

5. buying the new one.. thanks guys..

6. Good choice.

7. GRRRRrrrr@#$@#$

The bass came today and it had the barts instead of the lakland pickups/preamp.. even though their website said Lakland...

I called and asked if I exchanged it, would they be able to ensure I got one with Lakland stuff in it, and they said no. I had to ask for a manager before they agreed to pay for the return shipping (although the manager was rather nice about the whole thing).

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Don't be hating on the Bart's... :D

I have 2 Laklands with Bart's, and they are pretty sweet pups.

9. I don't hate the barts.. They are very nice.. but they aren't as versatile IMO and they don't hold the same value that the Lakland electronics do. I can get a used 55-02 for way cheaper that has barts in it..