Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Would YOU do?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ARA punk, Aug 28, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I'm helping to form a band at the moment, all of our members are 16. There really are no (at least there are very few) places in the area for bands, especially at our age, to play. What would you do? We want to do stuff... but there isnt really that much. Would u just throw garage shows? Any other creative ideas would be appreciated.

2. 1st option : throw in some humungous riots and demonstrations to change the ( way outdated ) law on the subject ( kiddies + bars = no no )

2nd option : look for gigs outside of your area.

3rd option : garage gigs :)

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    1) Get your band together.
    2) Do some networking and get 2 or 3 more bands to join you for a gig.
    3) Rent a hall.
    4) Promote the hell out of your upcoming 3 or 4 band show.
    5) Charge 5 bucks at the door and divide the profits with the other bands as you see fit.
    6) Repeat as many times as necessary.

You're welcome! ;)

4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    For some reason didnt think about that. Thanks man

5. if you've, or one of your members, has a good house to play at with a bit of space, go play over there and invite about 20 people to come watch. Build up some hype about your band. Seems like you could fill that hall much easier if you had a small fan base already.

6. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Don't kids in your area throw keggers? Well maybe a kegger wouldn't be the best thing for minors to be at, yet alone providing entertainment. Find someone who's throwing a party, see if you can play a few songs or a full set. Proceed from there.

7. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ask around if there are any other bands where u live and go play anywhere,it doesnt really matter. My brothers band and another band played in a field and told everyone to come,and like 100 people were there,so i guess it works. I'd charge like $3.
    Even if the band isnt the style your playing,it doesnt matter. Just get anything together.

8. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    Does your school let you play there. Ours does. Play there is ya can.