What would you like to see made? By Who?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Nov 3, 2004.

1. What would you like to see be made, and by who?

I would like to see:

-An Eden 1 Rackspace preamp, all tube, or just the one with the one tube, with just a 3-band EQ, no or maybe a small switchable compressor like on the B-Max. No lights.

-A Traynor all tube preamp, with a slick black old school looking design, and a 3 band EQ, deep switch, effects loop, drive, stuff like that. No big slider EQ's (too complicated for my simple mind) :D

-An Eden 6x10 with the same dimensions as the D-215XLT, and maybe only one port to reduce weight, if possible.

-A Yorkville 2x15 and 6x10, with the same dimensions as the XC808.

-Generally more 6x10's and 2x15's

-Trace Elliot Tube bass amps brought back.

How bout ya'll? :)
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

Me and Jada Pinkett Smith!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'd like to see GK offer a footswitch for the 1001RB.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    More neodymium cabs, the lighter the better.
  4. I can see you're going for portability! :D

I'd like an all black bass. Really all black. black body, knobs, hardware, pickup covers, fretless non-lined ebony board, black tapewound strings. Now that would be cool.

A 1000W amp with full parametric eq, xover, modeler, analog effects, costs $1.00, weighs 1 lb, and is the size of a pack of cigarettes.

(wakes up from dream)

more 1 sp power amps.
  5. 1.FLite Sound composite cabinets licensed to other companies.

2. A Fender Jazz 5-string MIA, 4+1 headstock in a 36" scale.

3. Unlined MIM fretless.

4. Tube preamp O.D. in the Acoustic Image amps.
  6. I'd like to see Ampeg make an SVT like they made them back in the 60s, despite the apparently very high costs. Like the Skunkworks ones, only with new parts (identical to the old ones wherever possible). It could be on special order only or something.

Also, Neodymium SVT 8x10s. Would probably reduce the weight a lot.
  7. slinkp

Aug 29, 2003
    brooklyn, NY, USA
    * A power-amp-only version of the AI Focus

* EBS to make a Multidrive with a tone control

* A decent reproduction of a 1960's Gibson Thunderbird pickup + rings, in chrome or nickel, made by just about anybody.

* Gibson to bring back the EB-3
  8. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I wish Modulus made a Vintage Jazz in a 5 string

9. A graphite vintage jazz? :rolleyes:
  10. Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    I wish ampeg would make a solidstate preamp. Like, say, the preamp to the B-2R, and have it cost less than their tube preamps. B-2R preamp for $300. Maybe add a mute button and a tuner out. For the love of God, do it.
  11. Brennan

Sep 29, 2004
    San Francisco
    Shroeder would make a 10+8 side fireing cab that was rated around 400 watts and wieghed about 20 lbs. I think he could do it.
  12. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I would love to see Demeter make a ALL TUBE 400w bass amp using the VTBP-201S as the front end. :bassist:
  13. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    actually the modulus genisis vj i really cool. I've played one side by side with a regular mg vg and the genisis can be very convincing as a jazz bass.

definitley more neo cabs - bag end cabs with neos would be way cool.

powerful 1 space power amps with fans

more 2 ohm amps

a power amp only version of the aggie 750

more hours in the day so i could have a life and practice more :p

more players who realize that smaller rigs are the way to go :rolleyes:

and i think the original svt would be cool, although it would cost 4 - 5 K. (but heck, my guitar player just bought a bogner exctasy classic mod head for 3700) :eek:
  14. i would like to see peavy bring back the good ol cabinets such as the 1516 and the mark series heads...

and more headless basses

and hartke to make a cabinet that has 1x15 and 4x10's in it
  15. bassbinge

Sep 17, 2004
    new zealand
    i'd love to see a 550 version of the eden WT330,nice and simple to tweak,excellent features and a reasonable tone,it just needs a bit more oomph!
  16. id also like to see a fender jazz with a swirl (ala steve vai) finish or a chrome one.....

and a stu hamm tribute kubicki :bag: like his white one with the p-bass pickup in the center

id also like to see a more affordable bootsy collins sig (compared to his washburn)

id also like to see a bright orange jazz bass, with the stu hamm pickup config :D jazz, precison, jazz :D

all 32" scale...more 32" scale basses....

and moon remake those all white, neck fingerboard everything white, with gold hardware jazz basses that larry graham used to use
  17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Some cheaper all-tube stuff...

Peavey should make an all-tube head, and sell it at a price to make ampeg rethink their strategy...
  18. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

19. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    an affordable all tube poweramp.