1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What would you use in a jazz big band out of these two basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hofbrauhaus, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Ok, recently I've been bitten by the gas bug for a Cirrus. All I have ever read are good things about them and it appears they are extremely versatile. I currently use a Warwick Streamer LX5 with TI-flats in a jazz big band (ok I pull out the SR5 for the funk tunes) and am just curious as to which axe you'd prefer to play in such a setting (Warwick with flats or Cirrus with rounds or flats). I don't have a chance to play a Cirrus before I buy one which is why I would like opinions...I would hate to sell the Warwick to fund the Cirrus then after find out I liked the Warwick's tone better! *sigh* Help me please!

2. Warwick with flats. Warwicks are so damn bright, but I would think with flats, it would be nicer. I like that Cirrus design your own bass site. I designed an alder with maple neck and see-through black finish, black hardwear and unlined fretless. If that was the Cirrus, then I would pick that.