Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What would your perfect dream bass look like?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    To me that question is simple.

I would go for another "Stingrick" but with a natural finished swamp ash body, black hardware, Basslines MM pickup and 2 band EQ Maple neck with Maple fingerboard with Black triangle inlays.

I tried to consult Warmoth to make the parts but they couldn't do so due to legal actions from Rickenbacker if they would.

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Gloss black explorer body with white binding, moses graphite P neck, hipshot vibrato, '62 reissune P pickup and dimarzio ultra jazz pup, v/v/t/t, and Rotosound pressurewound strings. :bassist:

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Yea, if you want to do a Ric clone, then you have to find a small independent luthier that would do it. Any big name companies won't touch the project. Any chance that you can get Ric to make what you want?

As for dream bass, I don't think that such a thing exists for me. I really appreciate diversity. There isn't a single style that is my favorite 100% of the time.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Perfect dream bass X 2!!

:D

[​IMG]

5. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG]

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I really would probably have (the looks first):
    It would be really cool to have the whole thing stained black. And then get some red pickups, and have no inlays except for on the side, which would be red. Then the logo on the top of the headstock would be read, and a red brige.
    I'm not sure if that would look really good, but I remember seeing a Zon a while back that had something sort of similar.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nice fireplace! And look at all the lovely firewood right in front of it.....

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    It's a gas log, so no firewood needed.

;) :p