1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What ya think? Lakland short scale 30 or Jaguar ss or a 77 musicmaster?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magic8161, Feb 15, 2018.

1. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Im in the air on all 3. I was looking for the lakland SS 30 but a friend said the jaguar was awesome. If i did get the jag I would upgrade the pickups to emg Geezr and a pearl white pick guard with pearl block inlay stickers. I think it would look tuff. or a chance to get a fender musicmaster about a 77. money its all in my range. $800 used lakland,$500 jaguar upgraded,$500 Musicmaster in great shape. For sure want a short scale under a grand.

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    have you seen the watt signature reverend wattplower? i’m thinking that you might be able to find one used under a grand

3. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Never heard of that. I will check it out. Thanks

neptoon likes this.
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    i felt like sort of a dunce suggesting it since it wasn’t one of your considerations, but i was looking up gibson SGs thinking that was the only SS i would consider and someone mentioned the watt bass, and it really looks sweet...spendy new, but maybe reasonable used

5. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    I looked it up. nice bass and great spec's but the colors yeckkk. and I dont like the painted backs.

6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    yeah the colors aren’t the greatest...they need a black one in the lineup :D

magic8161 likes this.