What ya think? Lakland short scale 30 or Jaguar ss or a 77 musicmaster?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magic8161, Feb 15, 2018.

1. magic8161

magic8161 Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Im in the air on all 3. I was looking for the lakland SS 30 but a friend said the jaguar was awesome. If i did get the jag I would upgrade the pickups to emg Geezr and a pearl white pick guard with pearl block inlay stickers. I think it would look tuff. or a chance to get a fender musicmaster about a 77. money its all in my range. $800 used lakland,$500 jaguar upgraded,$500 Musicmaster in great shape. For sure want a short scale under a grand.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    have you seen the watt signature reverend wattplower? i’m thinking that you might be able to find one used under a grand

3. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    Never heard of that. I will check it out. Thanks

neptoon likes this.
  4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    i felt like sort of a dunce suggesting it since it wasn’t one of your considerations, but i was looking up gibson SGs thinking that was the only SS i would consider and someone mentioned the watt bass, and it really looks sweet...spendy new, but maybe reasonable used

5. magic8161

Mar 4, 2003
    Milwaukee
    I looked it up. nice bass and great spec's but the colors yeckkk. and I dont like the painted backs.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    yeah the colors aren’t the greatest...they need a black one in the lineup :D

magic8161 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021