1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what ya think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Petros-J, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hi everybody.

So, the time has come for me to buy an amp for my gigs and rehearsals (we finished our studio :D).
    I m playing at small clubs (50-100 people) and sometimes at venues (500 - infinity billion people). Usually DI, but I need something good and loud, 500W or more
    Now, the question. Can I buy a combo and later add another speaker. I was thinking a GK combo 2x12+tweeter (500W) and later a 1x15 or another 2x12. Can I do that?
    If not please suggest me a good 4x10 or 2x 212.
    Thanx!

2. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    You can get the mb212 and it should have an extension speaker out on the back...plugging another of the 212 cabs into it would sound pretty good.

3. that simple? :)
    thanx!

4. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light.

Dec 15, 2000
    Portland, OR
    +1
    but I don't think there is an ext speaker out on the MB212 (at least not on the "lite" version), just the DI out XLR and headphones.
    You could have it added, though as long as the amp can run at a lower impedance load.
    DSC_0060.

5. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    The MB212 doesn't have an extension speaker jack, it's running it's speakers at 4 ohms, so thats it. You could add one of their new powered 212 cabinets, and do it that way.