1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What year did Fender make....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by russpurdy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    The American Standard Jazz Bass in candy cola with the custom shop pickups?

They changed the colour to Mystic Red which I don't like as much.
    Thanks!

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Candy Cola was offered as a color on 2011 and '12 AmStands, but I dont think the CS pups were introduced on them until this current model year (??)

3. I'm pretty sure 2012 had the CS pickups.

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... might have been, if so that would be the year the OP is after .. but I thought I had read in the 2013 Frontline that the CS 60's pups were 'New' this model year ...

5. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    2012 sounds right. They had one at a local shop a month ago hat was candy cola and had the custom pickups. Must have been leftover 2012 stock.

6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I just checked the 2012 and 2013 Frontlines, and no mention of CS pups in the 2012, but lists them as 'New' in the 2013 ... that doesn't mean they didn't start using them in later part of 2012 though ... that happens a lot with Fender ... they were putting out all abominations of Hwy 1/ONES when the transition was being made in '06 ...

7. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    I suppose putting in CS pickups wouldn't be too difficult either. Getting the colour right is big though.

8. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. that would really increase the availability for you, and also probably save you a few bucks by being able to go back to models a few years older .. Candy Cola should have been offered on all the 'New' AmStand years ('08-'12)except the current one (2013)

9. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    I have a 2012 American Standard Jazz with CS pickups.

Wally