1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What year in your life would you be happy to relive ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 29, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

What year in your life would you be happy to relive ?

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    2004: I bought my first house, I got married, went to Disney World for my Honeymoon...It was a good year..

Since then we've had nothing but trouble. Not in our marriage, just in general. We've had a lot of financial burdens that are more stressfull than anything else. My wife has had an unreasonable amount of deaths in her family over the past couple of years. I got in a bad motorcycle accident that everybody keeps telling me I almost died from.....Things were much more simple in 2004.

3. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Do I get to know then what I know now?

4. I have 2 years I would like to relive.

First is 1987. It was the year of many firsts for me from First Job, First time going to a bar under age, First time going all the way but most importantly it was my First Rock concert The Cult with Guns and Roses opening. Ahh to be 15 again.

The second year would be Sept 1997 to Sept 1998 it was the year with out a doubt that I ever had the most fun. I went to Niagara College got good grades, partied hard, and had women eating out of the palm of my hand.

5. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    my school year from 2000-2001 and the summer following... i completely self destructed and hurt myself and people around me, but myself most of all. and then i spent the summer putting the pieces back together and learning about who i really was... it was such a crazy time in my life but it was in some sense very "fun," i hesitate to use that word. i did some really crazy stuff then and i had a manic energy to my mischievous rampages... i don't know, it was a great/awful time.

i actually love that summer the most... i moved back home for the first summer since leaving for college and worked on a receiving dock at a factory unloading trucks all day long... i spent a lot of time with my folks or by myself, making long drives through the countryside to little places i used to camp and hike... and i put myself back together very slowly and tried to make sense of the wreck that i had caused in the previous year.

i dunno, you asked, i told :)

6. Curry46

Curry46

May 21, 2006
    Hmm, that's tough, if I had to choose one. I really liked the summer of 2002, that was after 7th grade for me, 'By the Way' had just come out, and was the last summer I really liked. Things started going downhill after then. 8th grade kinda sucked, ended the year with my mom's mom dying. Didn't hurt me much directly, but I missed the last day of 8th grade to be at the funeral. I think it messed up my mom, she's been harder to deal with since.

I liked elementary school, I'd relive those years...

That's years that I'd enjoy reliving. I'd like to change a lot of them... Lotta decisions I'd make differently if I could. I'd like to undo every year since 2002. I've changed as a person so much, some good, some bad... and I wish I could have changed a little different. I wish I'd started playing football freshman year or earlier, I never woulda guessed I'd start playing or enjoy it so much. I think it was the family there I loved so much. I didn't start until junior year, and I think I woulda actually been good if I started years before. I'd like to change my relationship with my parents, I'm running out of time to do that now... I'd like to have been a little less shy through high school. Avoid a few awkward stuffs, a few mistakes, and make a few friends earlier. Theres a girl a year ahead of me who I sat next to in history class all of freshman year, but I never started to get to know her until this last summer, big loss for me. There're a few people I think I've alienated. I think I coulda been a lot less of a dick sometimes... I'd like to change things so I actually have a choice about college, instead of relying on some scholarships I might blow to save me from four years of hell.

anyways, there's a lot I'd change. I wish I could.

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I would like to relive 1993 if I recall correctly.

It was THE most fun year I´ve had.

So many parties, so much drinking, so much fun.
    In fact, when me and my friends from that time get together, 1993 is the year that we always talk about.

So many good stories to tell from that year :D

P.s. I was 18 years old then.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    None, Past is just that. I am much more interested what happens next.

9. In all honesty this year, in some ways anyway, not in all.

This year started off great with me and the girl i love most dearly starting to build our relationship past just seeing each other, we've been together since the 1st of january (easy to remember the anniversary :smug: ), and its just been amazing.

I would also have loved a second chance at some of my uni exams, because, i got really burdened and brought down by alot of things.

There are a few parts of this past year i wouldnt want to live again, have lost a few people and pets close to me this year :(

10. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Every day I wake up it's 1995 and it makes me happy. :)

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    This one has been a real belter. Any one between 2000-2006 I'd happily live through again. I'd right a few wrongs along the way too!

12. +1. I've had a great time in the past....but I'm comfortable leaving it there.

I guess my issue with the idea is that, no matter how good a year has been for me, there were multiple (or countless) mistakes, as well. I can barely remember 1995, 1996 and 1997. What I do remember is being hammered constantly and having no responsibilities. Boy, that sure sounds like a lot of fun. I also had a car that barely functioned, failed out of college, crappy job after crappy job and and the kind of mentality that gets most people their ass handed to them. Gauging my behavior, it's a miracle my girlfriend (and now wife) ever put up with me.

Other standout events were great (marriage, birth of children, etc), and I'd love to relive those events, but other facets of my life at the time flat sucked.

I've since corrected most or all of the problems that I've encountered. Hopefully I can have as much fun in the future without all the hassle.

Mike

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    26. I'm going to win the lottery and a nobel prize and go to space.

14. my third...that way, i could convince someone to start me off on bass, but i wouldnt start as early as victor did(2), so i would always be able to say, well no wonder he was better, hes been playing since he was two.

15. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Eh? You're going to do that in the year 26?

I don't want to relive any years. I'd rather just continue with life then do an entire year over again. How boring.

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I couldn't relive any of my years without wanting to change something.

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My first year at college, no doubt.

18. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Probably year before last (2004). It was when I first got my band, my girlfriend (who recently broke up with) and everything just seemed to go perfect. It was kinda mid/late year 2004-2005 though. It was one of those summer things in particular. Family, friends, parties, gigs (band was going great), and not a care in the world.

This year has been complete ****, and a reason you don't see me on here much anymore. I've lost majority of friends, girlfriend, lives of family and friends and been suffering depression worse than ever. It's funny how quick things can change eh.

Looking forward to the new year I spose..

19. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Next year...I know or have experienced too much to want to go backwards.

20. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    I'd like to go back to when I was younger, much younger, like 6 years old.

Where all that we cared about was Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and snacks.

We were so carefree, not giving the slightest damn at the world.

The rest of the years, I would simply love to forget. Completely erased would be very nice. :)