1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What year is this Mesa 410/how does it compare to newer models?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamisonsalamand, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jamisonsalamand

jamisonsalamand

Aug 15, 2008
    This is the only photo there is of the cab, and I talked to an employee from the store who didn't know what year it was.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what year it is, and how the sound will compare to the newer 410's? I played through the recent model today, but hope to find a better deal and not have to spend $1100

2. I believe that cab is a Diesel series 4X10. It will be a great sounding cab if everything works great, but it will be very heavy.

The newer Powerhouse cabs are great IMO. I bought a Powerhouse 412 cab and haven't looked back.

3. jamisonsalamand

jamisonsalamand

Aug 15, 2008
    A very clear cab, would you say? Pretty much anything that's louder and more aggressive/true to the tone of my bass will be an improvement over my first and current cab, and I know it will be louder so I'm not concerned about that.

Also should it handle a low B pretty well?

4. What cab and amp are you using right now? What bass? I'm playing a Spector Euro 5LX into a Peavey Tour 700 and Mesa Powerhouse 412. My setup sounds killer right now! My Spector has the natural Spector growl, and it sounds great through this cab. I haven't used that particular cab, but I've read lots of great things about the Diesel series cabs. Here's a picture of my rig right now. Couldn't be happier.

photo.

5. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The older 410 Diesel cabs are not tuned the same as the current Powerhouse line and may have different drivers but that doesn't mean its not a great cab. If the price is right, I would say go for it. Mesa will even sell you an era correct name plate for about $10.

6. omie

omie Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    I just picked up a diesel 410 to pair with my m-pulse 600 today. SWEET. The only 4x10 I owned previously was an SVT410hlf and I used it with this head. This cab is clearer/less colored, tighter in the mids and not nearly as boomy. Aggressive. But at 8ohms its not as... present... but louder? I played 2 different p-basses and an active jazz thru the rig. Not sure of the weight, but its built like a tank and MUCH lighter than the 410hlf.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I'm just excited as this is the best any of my rigs has ever sounded.

7. jamisonsalamand

jamisonsalamand

Aug 15, 2008
    Just ordered it for $370 with shipping and a year warranty, so if it gets here and is in unusable condition I can get my money back. I'll contact Mesa about the name plate like Crabby suggested. Will update when it arrives