1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Year? P-Bass Logo Trouble

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JaySwear, Apr 19, 2010.

1. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    i have a p-bass neck i bought off the 'bay a few years ago. it's an AllParts neck, and the logo was added long before i ever saw it. however, i'm still going to use the neck to build a replica bass i guess. i'm curious though, what year would this logo be closest to?

from what i've seen it looks like a 1966-era, but most of those necks i've seen have been rosewood. if the neck doesn't turn out to really match well to any year i won't be too disappointed, but it would have been nice.

anyway, here are a few pictures
    4535075425_2ccec5777c. 4512228703_49426d6d85. 4512228203_c245d7f0fa_b.

i know it's on the ridiculously-relic'd side of things :meh: but i've had it for 2 years now and i'm excited to put a bass together using it anyway. thanks for any help you can give!

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Spaghetti logo + Maple fretboard is a "57" neck.

Reissue sticker (no PAT #'s under the Precision Bass part)

I'd do a white or sunburst body w/ gold anodized guard for a period correct replica.

3. ^

white and gold would rock.

4. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    Same logo on my MIJ 57 Reissue !

2vvsx3c.

And here's a shot of the body, juste because I love the way it looks !

35itafa.

5. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    thanks for the quick replies! man, that is a pretty bass.

6. Daveomd

Daveomd

Feb 28, 2010
    Logo would be correct for up until mid '61 when the patent #s started to appear, rosewood boards started in '59

7. JaySwear

JaySwear

Apr 15, 2010
    Gaithersburg, MD
    well thanks for all the replies. i was really thinking a black body with tortoise or black/white/black pickguard. now i'm not so sure!