1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What you found out the 'hard way'

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jarrhead, Oct 3, 2009.

1. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    Yes, I have nothing to do tonight and so im trying to start a thread.

I'm looking for amusing stories with good advice. Sadly, I have no amusing story, but some great advice I foundout the hard way.

Too much philosophical thinking leads to depression.

Oh wait, i was thinking too hard and became depresed writing this.
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! ;)

2. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    What I learned the hard way, despite being told many times prior, is that boot camp sucks, the Navy life is hard, and that a lot of people will dislike you in certain places for serving your country. Not the majority, but still, it's the odd ones out that hurt.

Also learned the hard way that civilian life is harder. :(

3. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    LMAO. I found that hilarious, even if it wasnt supposed to be. :p

4. What I learned the hard way, is that you should never watch TV while tuning your bass to a higher pitch... you'll get distracted, and you'll lose your lovely strings.

5. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    I dont think i've ever been strong enough to pop a string. Or maybe I just got too scared when it went up and had no balls.

That's basically how it goes when I tune it after taking the strings off. Im too lazy to raise the action im just gonna get one of my four free techs per year with samash.

6. Putting out a cigarette on your arm can get through more skin than you expect.

7. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    that cars have more force then a kid on a bike, owe.

8. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    pwned. :ninja:

9. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    That cement Vs. teeth generally ends in cement winning.

That you've gotta be happy with yourself before you try make others happy.

10. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    That when attempting to fly a fence on a GT Snow-racer, one must be sure to build their ramp high enough, if not, they could lose half there braces on a fence post, owe.

11. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    That sounds incredibly painful.

12. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    When climbing a 40 -50ft cliff, make sure it's dry, one could fall off and land on the rocks below, leaving them with no other options but to swim across a saltwater river with cuts and scratches all over their body, owe.

13. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    With sharks.

14. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    Fontaine, you have an interesting life, owe.

15. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    When under the drinking age, it's a bad idea to go clubbing for the first time with an ID you made on photo shop taped to a metro bus card.

16. hahahahaha...

you should also not give a second copy of your license to an underage friend who looks like you, because he may be dumb enough and drunk enough to go to the same bar you are in. bouncers tend to notice when two people present the same id.

this is from my brother, but i thought it was relevant given fontaine and his hilarious debauchery.

17. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Just how devoted the LAPD is to tracking your *** down.:bag:

18. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    You shouldn't try to get into a military instillation by flashing an 'id' which consists of a $5 bill wrapped around a credit card.

Even if you command said instillation.

My Captain at the time got in big trouble for trying that. She got replaced a week later. She said it was a test to see if the gate guards were paying attention... but she also refused to produce her real ID, and the guard what stopped her had never seen her before, so he detained her, and she gave him hell for doing his job.

For people who don't get it, military IDs, until a few years ago, were green and black, and the shade were exactly the same color as a normal piece of US currency.

19. That reasoning with irrational people people will get you absolutely no where really fast. :rollno:

Some people don't like to listen to advice even when they ask for it.

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Drinking & typingisnteasy