1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what you think about Johnny Christ of Avenged Sevengold

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bilboom, May 17, 2011.

1. Bilboom

Bilboom

Apr 22, 2011
    so, the title sais it all :) answer

2. He's cool! And he rocks some purdy basses

3. mtshark

mtshark

Nov 28, 2008
    I could care less... A7X's bass lines never appealed to me. They just always seem to play a root pattern or follow the guitars, nothing special.

4. i heard a cool punk line on 7th trumpet. havent heard him in the mix since. maybe live its different, but hes a formality and a haircut anymore.

5. AcidFripp

AcidFripp

Jul 12, 2010
    It's "I couldn't care less".

6. phall2112

phall2112

Dec 31, 2008
    Hes short. Shorter than me:eek:

7. Argali

Argali Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2008
    I really think AX7 does nothing worth mentioning.

8. He seems like a very good player but he's too restrained (by his choice or band pressure i don't know). Given some more freedom where the guitars/vocals aren't the focus i think he could do some good stuff.

9. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    He stands out in the mix just fine IMO. With a nice sound to boot! Plus, he plays some purdy basses :p.

10. MarcusPocus

MarcusPocus

Aug 28, 2008
    Allen, Tx
    IMO Avenged Sevenfold is huge and they have well crafted songs. Johnny Christ has a good input into those well crafted songs. Its a guitar driven band their style doesn't call for basturbation trampling over those guitars. He may be highly proficient at playing the bass, but he is able to contribute to the songs. He is also able to stand on a huge stage in front of 10s of thousands of fans in huge arenas and hold the low end. He supports the song as it was written and does what a sideman is supposed to do.

These threads are ridiculous. Are we sure that some of the "bass players" here aren't really guitarists in disguise? There is enough cockyness for it.

11. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    He does exactly what they need. And is heard in the mix. I <3 A7X big time and he does just about as much as I'd do in that band. Not much room for a lot else with so many guitars, synths, orchestrations, etc. going on. I know I'd swap places with him immediately.

12. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Yet you make mention in this thread?

Wannabe e-peen docked 10 points. :)