1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whatdaya think of this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by saustindavis, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I'm fairly new to using pedals on bass (and am conservative on guitar with two delays, an overdrive, and a chorus) and want to diversify my sound a little. I'm not crazy about synth, filter, stuff like that, but I do know that I want a fuzz. I already use a TU-2, and plan on getting the MXR Deluxe Bass Fuzz because of the ability to mix in a dry signal, which is important to me. I play mostly Post-Rock and at my church. I was wondering about your opinions on these additions:

Modtone MT-Vol Volume Pedal

Markbass SUPER PRO DI BOX

Boss NS-2 (because my bass has some wicked hiss...)

Radial BigShot I/O Selector (when I have a second bass someday...)

Has anyone had experience with these pedals, or have replacement ideas that are in similar price ranges?

2. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Roots and fifths and a little extra. Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    You might like my recent addition, the MXR M80 Bass DI+. It's a good DI with a good EQ. It has a distortion effect. And it has an adjustable noise gate. That seems to be just about everything you need. I have a couple of sample sounds up if you're curious about what it sounds like.

3. DethByDoom

DethByDoom

Sep 23, 2012
    Houston,Tx
    Sanford and sonny Bluebeard fuzz.

4. Martinyeomans

Martinyeomans

Mar 4, 2012
    I've been using a MarkBass booster pedal as my DI for about a year now and love it. I don't actually use the boost function much but the two EQ functions work great. My Tech 21 and Eden DIs have been relegated to backup status. That DI plus a tuner and a Small Clone chorus make up my whole stage package right now.

5. I've watched several demos of the DBF and really like the sounds of it, so I'm pretty dead set on it. Any experience with the Markbass DI? I generally take my amp, which has a direct out, but if I'm able to just take my board and my bass on occassion it would be nice to have something reliable and predictable. What about the I/O Selector? Any reason to consider something else in the same price range?

6. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Mxr bass di+ and the bass fuzz deluxe definitely also the octave deluxe sounds epic with the fuzz deluxe!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021