Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whatever happened to the Fender Tye Zamora model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I never got to see one in person, and they are nowhere to be found. I know they were pretty massively expensive for a fender, but they were pretty cool!

2. those were pretty awesome, something diffferent for fender. how much were they? i could imagine theyre pretty expensive cause they're custom shops

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    They were master built custom shops only. I would like to see them actually mass produce it.

4. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

They were incredibly expensive doe to being not only a custom shop but "master built". Oh yea...it was called the "oar" bass if I remember correctly.

5. I thought it was a one-off, or if not that, built in RIDICULOUSLY limited quantity?

does look kinda cool, though not my overall cup of tea aesthetically...

6. it was master built, in other words if you want one, you have to order it and wait

7. ..And that silly grin, does it come for free when buying that bass? :help: :confused:

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    funny; just the other day, i remembered alien ant farm and how they are apparently washed up already.

9. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...that's what happens when you cover a Michael Jackson tune...

~S~

10. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I saw them a few months ago and they put on one hell of a show.
    They were selling bootlegs of their own [new] cd, because they claim their label is not supporting them at a11.

11. That's a pity. They are a great band.

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah, it really is. I really can't stand record labels-- or at least ones like those.

I really respect those guys.

13. They've done it before. I think they had a 6-string fretless at NAMM a couple years ago too...

14. AmPb100

AmPb100

Apr 25, 2005
    Berklee/Boston
    Oh wow I didn't know that was a Fender. I know he has a Ken Lawrence 6 string, but I thought I read he actually helped build that bass with a small luthier.

15. That looks like an incredible instrument.

Probably costs a heck of a lot more than what most small shop, independent luthiers would charge though...

16. That is a sweet looking bass. It reminds me of the body shape of Jerzy Drozd basses. Very cartoon like. I dig it.

17. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    It's really REALLY cool lookin, unlike ANY other Fender bass ever made and the only one I'd ever own if they made it available to the public. I read in a really old BassGuitar mag that they only made two, and Tye has them both...