Whatever happened to Vinci strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TheOxRocks, Dec 3, 2013.

1. I absolutely ADORED their strings - sounded/felt new and twangy, like, forever. No luck finding them for about eight years. Anyone know what happened to them?

2. billgoodwin

billgoodwin

Mar 28, 2011
    Roanoke,VA
    not sure either. I used them back in the 80's - for one, they were cheap, two- they sounded just as good as the GHS Boomers I was using at the time. As you can see, still have a couple strings from a set from long ago that stays with "Ethel" just as extra blast from the past, though I don't play her that much anymore and use nothing but DR Black Beauties on every bass I have now.

Attached Files:

3. TalkBass Sponsor

4. Nofrets2

Nofrets2 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Vinci strings are back. Just saw them at the NY Guitar Show 4/23/16. Their web site is: thomasvincistrings.com.

5. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    What's special about them?

6. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Damn these are light gauges. I might give these a shot. I don't know who Charlie Bynum junior is but I like me some low tension.
    image.png

7. They are now in Freeport, Long Island. Their website is a bit odd, you have to look under guitar string sets to find their range of nickel wound long scale strings. They have several gauge sets. All are inexpensive.

8. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Yah the website is kinda awful but it's cool that they're about ten minutes away from me.

Ductapeman likes this.
  9. trothwell

trothwell

Apr 9, 2008
    They're back.

Ductapeman likes this.
  10. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    So pet rocks will be special if they come back?

11. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    That's called a boomerock. Coincidentally the best GHS strings for metal and much cheaper than $25 a set through bassstringsonline.com.

12. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    This guy's strings seem to be $12 and change. He has a list price of $25 and a list price of $12....which makes a lot of sense.

13. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    And the pic above says a list price of $50 and $25. That's top notch webmastering right there.

14. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Well the special Charlie something or other set goes for a premium.

15. Staredge

Staredge

Aug 7, 2010
    Germantown, MD
    I've bought electric guitar strings on Amazon. Jerry Garcia used Vincis.