Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whatever happened to...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've been noticing I've been listening to a lot of bands that have completely disappeared for what seems like no reason whatsoever. What happened to these guys? Where did they go? Why don't we hear any more music from them? Thus I propose this thread. Post a "Whatever happened to [insert artist here]?", and lets see if we get some answers. I'll go first:

Whatever happened to God Lives Underwater? Life in the So Called Space Age came out in 1998, and then POOF! No more GLU. What happened? I liked these guys alot.

Alright sherlocks, get cracking.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Whatever happened to Billy Conway and Dana Colley, the two surviving members of Morphine?

3. GooseYArd

GooseYArd Guest

May 15, 2003
    The last I heard from them was a show I saw at the Somerville theatre here, maybe 4 years ago now, was a tribute to Mark Sandman, with a bunch of guests.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Thanks, I really liked the whole Morphine vibe. I think that whole band "clicked" incredibly well.

I was exposed to them about 6 months ago, and learned about how Mark died, and I was wondering if they stayed together and formed a new group.

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    One of the guys in GLU had a side-project called "Robot Teen America" which apparently fizzled.

As near as I can tell they're off working on other things.

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    What happen to Zwan?

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Didn't those guys form a big band version of Morphine? I heard that was pretty sweet.

8. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Here you go.

http://www.twinemen.com/

9. They broke up in September 2003. Billy is now working a solo album and a book of poetry. Jimmy Chamberlin is working on a jazz solo record. Paz is in another band, but I can't remember the name of it. David Pajo is in Papa M, and Matt Sweeney is in the same boat as Paz.

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What happened to Blind Idiot God? I have a song on a SST sampler, and I almost think they influenced tool.

11. What happened to Zack de la Rocha, and his solo album that is supposed to come out?

12. from what i understand, zack has some serious problems with o.c.d. and has had some trouble keeping everything straight. he still lives with his mom.

13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    They released a record on SST and Enemy, then laid low for a few years before resurfacing for their last record on Avant and then they broke up.

14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    zach, really!? :eek: !

15. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Whatever happened to rootjoose? One great album, then nothing. Apparently sold more records in cornwall than the spice girls :)

16. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Last I saw Zach he was working at Nothing Studios in N'awlins with Trent doing some production work. My band was recording there at the time so we heard some of it. It sounds like a Motown Soul Coughing.

I have no idea when it comes out.