Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whatever happened to...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGod, Sep 3, 2004.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    ...Paul Di'Anno? For those of you who don't know who he is, he used to be the lead singer for Iron Maiden. He did 'Iron Maiden' and 'Killers' before he left because of alcohol problems. But I was wondering if anyone knows what he's doing now? IMO he was a really good vocalist. :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

2. Did a quick search. He's still around and playing music. Check out www.pauldianno.com.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Cool, thanks! :hyper:

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist: :cool:

4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I know he was in a band called "Killers" after he left Maiden. A little pathetic if you ask me.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Heh, yeah, I checked the website and on almost every Killers album there were Maiden songs. Milking his former glories, methinks. Not very :cool:

Peace,

6. He still is playing..small venues here and there...he also released a couple solo albums.

7. Imagine you were in a band that got big, then got kicked out and they got HUGE. I'd be milking that:
    sure beats
    :p

8. Actually i have seen venue signs that state he is "Formally Iron Maiden Frontman"

So ya..he tries to milk it. I heard he even released an album where he covers his own songs he did with Maiden.

9. The guy from Herman's Hermits books himself as "Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits."

10. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Ha, your post was exactly where I got the idea to post this thread. Heh, could someone tell me what depraved means? :)scowl: stupid me) I'll try to find the book, it sounds good. Nice suggestion. :cool:

Peace,

11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The OZ man still "covers" Black Sabbath songs.
    :bag:

:D