1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whatever Happened To....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whacker, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ... these two mail order equipment companies from around the mid-'70s? One was "WareHouse Sound," located in San Luis Obispo, CA. I ordered some microphones from them back in '74. They had a really informative and instructional catalogue that was one I liked to collect and keep at the time. Did they fold, or did they morph into something else? Any history welcome.

Also, there was a company, I think from the south or southeast, that specialized in acoustic instruments, including Gurion guitars among others, and their catalogue was printed on some sort of recycled stock with a faux-calligraphy looking font to it (tan/beige paper with black type). That was also a nice thing to have around, and was one of the earlier "counter-culture" music supply companies around. I don't remember the company's name, but any history or insight would be great.