Whatever you do, don't 'browse' other's FB threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Oct 21, 2005.

1. You will feel like you're not buying/selling/trading enough stuff. :rolleyes:
  2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

I have no idea what you're talking about
  3. I thought I was bad, but some dudes seem to buy/sell/trade a bass/amp/body part 2-3 times a day. I'm jealous, & I'm trying to save a brother the pain. :cool:
  4. i try to sell my things but nobody wants them!
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm so glad I'm done buying basses and guitars. I have everything I need now. I'm so completely content with my collection that I can browse all these selling/buying threads and say, "That's it, boys. Just keep chasing your tails in your quest for Good Tone (TM). Someone has to keep Ken Smith in 500-year-old double basses."

Of course, it took me 30 years to get to this point, so what does that tell ya? ;)
  6. JimmyM, I'm almost there- or at least should be. :rolleyes: But it kinda leaves a hole in my little life, ya know? BTW, I've only been seriously 'on the quest' for about 4-5 years now, & like I said, nearly done(yeah right).
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Me too! I'd like to get rid of my first bass and a couple amps.

I'm making my last steps towards completing my array of basses (for the moment.) I've got my gorgeous sounding fretless, a great DB, and the perfect BG amp for what I need. Soon I'll be picking up a new fretted (Yamaha TRB-4II) and Talkbass's own TBeers' Acoustic Image Contra. After that, I'll be set for a very long time, and will have spent approximately $3150* on bass gear alone this year (not including strings, repairs, bow rehair, etc.)

*Not much for some of the guys that spend that, and half again as much on a single bass (or 3 or 4 times that on a DB!) but it's a lot for a soon-to-be 18 year old with a part-time job. I'm basically setting myself up so I'll be perfectly set gear-wise for when I major in music next year.
  8. Whatcha got, super-b?
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What is an "FB" ad anyway???

10. Or 'fingerboard'. :D