Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whatever you do, don't 'browse' other's FB threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Oct 21, 2005.

1. You will feel like you're not buying/selling/trading enough stuff. :rolleyes:

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    huh????

Whaaa???

:confused:

I have no idea what you're talking about

3. I thought I was bad, but some dudes seem to buy/sell/trade a bass/amp/body part 2-3 times a day. I'm jealous, & I'm trying to save a brother the pain. :cool:

4. i try to sell my things but nobody wants them!

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm so glad I'm done buying basses and guitars. I have everything I need now. I'm so completely content with my collection that I can browse all these selling/buying threads and say, "That's it, boys. Just keep chasing your tails in your quest for Good Tone (TM). Someone has to keep Ken Smith in 500-year-old double basses."

Of course, it took me 30 years to get to this point, so what does that tell ya? ;)

6. JimmyM, I'm almost there- or at least should be. :rolleyes: But it kinda leaves a hole in my little life, ya know? BTW, I've only been seriously 'on the quest' for about 4-5 years now, & like I said, nearly done(yeah right).

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Me too! I'd like to get rid of my first bass and a couple amps.

I'm making my last steps towards completing my array of basses (for the moment.) I've got my gorgeous sounding fretless, a great DB, and the perfect BG amp for what I need. Soon I'll be picking up a new fretted (Yamaha TRB-4II) and Talkbass's own TBeers' Acoustic Image Contra. After that, I'll be set for a very long time, and will have spent approximately $3150* on bass gear alone this year (not including strings, repairs, bow rehair, etc.)

*Not much for some of the guys that spend that, and half again as much on a single bass (or 3 or 4 times that on a DB!) but it's a lot for a soon-to-be 18 year old with a part-time job. I'm basically setting myself up so I'll be perfectly set gear-wise for when I major in music next year.

8. Whatcha got, super-b?

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What is an "FB" ad anyway???

-Mike

10. Or 'fingerboard'. :D