Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What're some good not too hard bass solos

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by AndrewT, Aug 13, 2001.

1. AndrewT

AndrewT

Jun 16, 2001
    Sugar Land, TX
    I've been playing for a month or so, and I want something a bit harder, but AFI and some Rancid is a little too hard...:D Someday I will be able to play AFI, but until then, what's some good solos? Or interesting bass lines? I'm tired of playing along with the guitarist, I want something that doesn't go with the chords. Anyone?

2. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    hey man try some 311

you wouldnt belive

feels so good

whos got the herb

come original

prisoner

what was i thinking

inner light spectrum

most 311 songs have good lines to keep you busy

3. My favorite little solo has always been the one onAeroplane by RHCP. Not too hard,but nice and funky.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you want something that is really disonant? I'm kind of an advocate for experimenting and trying to make up solos on your own. You can try really simple chord structures, like:

| Bb7 | % | Eb7 | % |

Just two chords, and they're in the same key, (with a lowered 7th in the I chord blablablablabla), so you can go to town on them. Set your 'nome and dig in.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    there are some good solos writen by stravinsky. But you should really just improvise your own.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    The first little solo i learned was in papa roachs "betwen angels and incects" Right after the slow part of him saying "MONEEEYYYYY, POOOOOOSISIONS! OBSESION!..............You get it,.

7. As a bass player I think you have to learn Anesthesia by Cliff Burton. Jason Newstead has some cool solos as well.