What're you supposed to do?...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    That's pretty funny. I've learned almost everything I know about basses from this forum (and I'm very thankful) and I find you guys to be very nice and helpful. Obviously there is people that don't know how to benefit from the amount of resources this web page has to offer...
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You forgot to mention in your last bit of advice to turn one clock-wise and the other counter clock-wise. For maximum tonal mix cutting, that is. :D
  3. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    Only tonal mix cutting? Woudln't that twist the whole neck kinda funny?
  4. Bliss, I humbly stand corrected :)
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

Hehe.. I dunno why, but that makes me laugh. Am I too imature, or do others find that funny?

You tell 'em Hambone!!!
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    No problem! I'm here to help. ;)
  7. Hey, I find it funny, too. Imagining some 15 year old wearing panties and lipstick.:D

Rock on
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    damn it Hambone, i wanted to give that guy a message:

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    This guy was going to buy Adrian's MTD 635 for $2800?

*the sound of a chain being yanked*
  10. One would think that someone so knowledgeable would know that one of the truss rods was a spare. Sigh!

[size=-4] Disclaimer: The above statement is meant to be a joke. I assume no responsibility for any damage to any bass resulting from any misinterpretation of my statement in any way. [/size]
  11. Okay...I turned the truss rod until it can't move anymore. Now what Hambone?
  12. Ah but to help it cut in the mixdown - you need to adjust the low mids up to full, and cut back everything else!

That is once you've adjusted the truss rods accordingly!:D :D
  13. Yeah, that's the first thing that hit me when I saw the thread that Hambone linked. Yowzers!

Total side note: Mr. Castelo, your new avatar is extremely cool. I love River City Ransom!
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

it had color but since the avatar size is VERY LOW, i had to leave it with three colors...

BTW: its an original from some guy at the something awful forums (coolest place on internet)... i just reframed and resized it for TB...
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And y'know, Truss Rods are the LAST thing I'd go to looking for action...saddles first, I mean, that's just me.
  16. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Don't laugh... I did this to my first bass. Ah, the exhuberance of youth!

17. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Actually looking at that thread - there is no blame to Hambone - but PKR2 is being very rude and patronising to this poster. I mean I know I'd do the same - but I would get loads of flak for it! ;)
  18. and the moral of the story is...

" if it is not broken, do not attempt to fix it "