What's a better value than a Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5 for $329?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PaulYeah, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    So they're closing out the Rockbass Streamer 5-string for ~$329 on Amazon, Sam Ash, etc. My question is this: even given the quality problems from a made-in-China instrument, is there a better value out there right now?

Follow-up: is there anything to do to modify one of these to make it a semi-pro instrument? Or is it just DOA due to the quality problems?

2. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    Not sure how you went from that and a Carvin Bunny Brunell to just finding the best budget 5 string you can find?

3. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have the 5 string Corvette $$ Rockbass and have not seen or experienced any quality issues.

4. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Let's just say that I'm a bargain hunter. I probably want something higher quality than the Rockbass Streamer, but I just want to hear enough opinions to be sure.

5. SgtHulka

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    Best bang for the 5 Fivers in a best bang for the buck price IMO are ESP LTD and Schecter.

Maybe a Yamaha 235.

Crusher47 and PaulYeah like this.
  6. SgtHulka

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
  7. PaulYeah

PaulYeah

Mar 1, 2004
    Dallas, TX
  8. I have a Rockbass Streamer 5 that has an EMG EXG Expander that replaces the tone knob and makes the pick ups active. It sounds better with it and is built pretty good but it will never replace the GPS Warwicks out on gigs. I use it for practice/learning songs.

PaulYeah likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021