what's a good 2 space power amp to pair with a BBE Bmax

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I'm rebuilding my whole setup. In the near future it will be running a pair of 8 ohm cabs with an rms of 900 watts combined - so it's gotta be juicy... Aguilar, EBS, QSC???
  2. I'm a big fan of the QSC PLX series. Really light weight and reliable. Also the Peavey DPC1400X is 1400 watts in a single rack space.

The cheaper option is a Carvin amp, which are rock solid and considered the best thing they make.

With your pre, I don't think you need to consider going with the Aguilar, but I've never tried it.
  3. I just ordered a BBE BMax ... do you like yours so far?

FWIW, I also ordered a QSC PLX 1602 for mine. I have a QSC 1850HD, but wanted to lose some rack weight.

Mines gonna run a single Mesa 1516 cab.
  4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    What's more important to you cheap or lightweight?

Cheap, I would go with the QSC RMX series

Lightweight, the QSC PLX series or the Peavey DPC1400.
  5. amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I have a QSC PLX 1602 that is great.

I just ordered the BBE Bmax-T.

have a nice day.

6. chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    I like my PLX, but there are lots of other choices. Like the QSC RMX series... one of which I also own.
  7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    The BBE sounds great - really versatile, I really like it. I'm using it with an SVT 3 Pro now and an Ashdown 4x10 and its very good - I just need more watts to power the "hungrier" speakers I'm getting. From most people it sounds like the QSC is the way to go.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Crown XLS, or Crown XS series amps. All of them are great.

9. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Light weight? Stewart World 1.6 or 2.1, both have tons of power, 2U and only 17lbs.
  10. Yea I thought about these too, but the 4lbs saved isnt worth the extra $$$ over the PLX series.