Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what's a good A/B box?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Mar 31, 2004.

1. In my rack i'm gonna be running two seperate preamps...one for electric and one for upright(once I buy it come summer)...which A/B box would be the best for switching back and forth?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Morley ABY works great for me. Passive, though uses a battery to enable the LEDs.

3. thanks!

where do you run it?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Between your signal and where you want it split. If you want effects for both basses, run the ABY after your effects. If you want dirty electric and clean upright, put the ABY before your effects. Good luck.

5. thanks a lot!

6. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
  7. rick123

rick123

Oct 20, 2001
    Evanston, Wyoming
    I have used a Morley ABY for years and recently bought a Rolls that has one extra "common" line (for a tuner, etc.). Both are passive and use a battery for the LED's. Both work great. Both are inexpensive.

8. ihs

ihs

Feb 4, 2003
    Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I picked up a Loooper about six months ago and have been pleased with it's performance. You can customize it to fit what your needs are, which for me, was simply an A/B for my tuner, along with one loop for effects. Nice little unit. http://www.loooper.com/ABY.html

9. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Welcome to the forum!