Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what's a good cheap effects processor?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pigpen02, Jun 2, 2002.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    looking for rack mountable, without the huge preamp section that my current does (art nightbass circa 1993), something to couple w/ my swr 500.

any thoughts? what about a peavey? something with a lot of quality bells and whistles at an affordable price.

thanks.

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've got the Peavey BassFex and I think that's one that you should consider. It's a single space rack mounted unit and lately they've been going for less than $100.00 on eBay. To get all of the functionality out of it, you need to get a ProFex II MIDI controller for it. It's also made by Peavey and you can get on of those on eBay also. Try to get one that has the OEM MIDI cable with the ProFex II. With that you won't need a seperate power supply. The controller will be powered through the MIDI cable. It's a secially designed cable though. A standard cable will not supply the power. I think that it's a much better unit than most of the multi-effects products that are currently available unless you want to spend $1000.00 or more. Just my opinion. Let me know if I can do anything to help.