1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's a good/fair trade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NationwideBass, Dec 27, 2006.

1. I currently have an 8x10 Berhinger cabinet, just about a year old, with the carpet on the bottom pretty roughed up. I've decided it's much more than I want to continue hauling around, and have decided to see what I can get locally in a trade.

I'm thinking I want a 4x10 instead, that I can pair up with my 15" when I'm really looking to shake the floor. What kind of 4x10 could I realistically except to get for my current cabinet? I figure if I'm going down in size, I would hope to get an upgrade in brand name (ie, NOT Berhinger, although its been a good cabinet).

Thanks in advance!

Josh

2. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    yeah the "fridge" cabinets arent all they're cracked up to be unless you have roadies ( I wish ) or you REALLY need them....

First off.... I always recommend trying to sell used gear on your own first..... Guitar Center & such LOVE trade-ins becuase then they profit from the sale of the new cabinet AND reselling your trade....maybe look into selling in the classifieds here at talkbass... My transaction with fellow TB'er has been great so far!!!

Secondly... as far as decent affordable cabinets go ... I recommend the Ashdown MAG series or the GK backline or even SBX series... all great 410's with good performance for the dollar.

Hope this helps!

:bassist:

3. Noooo doubt!

I was actually hoping I could find someone to swap with me and avoid GC or, do as you suggest and sell it then buy a 4x10

Awesome! Thanks a ton, I'm going to start checking into the suggestions tomorrow as I don't have much else to do this week :)

4. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses

best thing to try is doing a trade feeler here in the classifieds. Seriously. Cant say enough good things about doing business here at Talkbass.... cool part about trade feelers, especially this time of year, you'll often get an offer for a peice of gear you'd never even considers and turns out to be just right!

Good luck!

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Yep, great idea but you gotta be a Supporting Member first... So, Josh, here's your chance!!!

6. The moment I stop being a broke piece of crap, I'm all over it :)

7. You can still offer it to supporting members as trade bait on their postings though... You need to become a supporting member.