1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats a good guitar

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    hi everyone

Ive been playing bass for about a year and a half now, and i was thinking of starting to learn guitar(might teach myself).

I was thinking of getting a cheap guitar with a small 15-20w amp(this also justifies me getting a big muff pi for use on bass AND guitar :D)

I know SX make good basses, but i cant find them in the UK.

however, there are 2 german sites that sell their "house brands", jack&danny, and harley benton (www.thomann.de / www.musicstorekoeln.de) they make les paul copies(with set necks!) some ibanez copies and fender copies
    these seem quite interesting, and starting at around £60 for a telecaster, i dont think i can really lose much.

does anyone have any experience with these, or does anyone else have any other suggestions?

2. Well, if you actually want a electric rather than acoustic. I'd go with Ibanez, Yamaha, or maybe an OLP... I'd just stick with your bass amp rather than getting a 15 watt guitar amp. I run my guitar though my 30 watt combo with a distortion pedal and it will sound much better than a cheap guitar amp.

Personally I dont like cheap gear... as I have been disapointed i nthe past. If you go to the store and just hold a few, and play them for awhile to make sure they will stay in tune.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.