1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats a good head to match this cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_masta16, Sep 22, 2008.

1. usually the manufacturer makes their amps and cabs voiced together to work best with each other. USUALLY. Try before you buy if possible, even if it means taking your cab to the store. I have done that!

2. Lol, yeah, I was thinking about that

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Thunderfunk
    Eden 550WT
    LM II
    Shuttle 6.0

4. I wouldn't recommend any of the small micro heads. None of them put out enough power into 8ohms to drive that large cab in your post IMO and IME (assuming your cab is 8ohms like the spec's you posted).

I would think you would want a head that puts out a good, honest 500 watts + into 8ohms. If you don't want to break the bank, the Carvin B1500 would be a very good option.

A used Eden WT800 would probably be very good also.

IMO!

5. Oh, sorry for not saying, but I have a Hartke 4x10 Transporter, which I plan to stack :p

6. OK. Well, I see Geezer is your prime influence, so I assume you want some grind and agressiveness. Also assuming you don't want to break the bank, I'd consider one of the GK heads (700 or 1001), or the Carvin B1500 (a wonderful head for $700 that will drive those two cabs until they yell for momma and will grind a bit with the 'drive' control turned up a bit.

It you can find a used Mesa BB750, that would also give you quite a git of snarl and grunt.

7. I don't really have the money for the 1001, or the B1500, but the 700 is a maybe.

Is there any other heads you would recommend?

Thanks for your help so far