1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats a good place for breakfast in the morning? Preferably something fast

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Jan 7, 2007.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I don't really want to go sit in a restaurant and eat. But I dont' want to cook. Where do you go on a sunday morning when you want a good, quick breakfast? I hate McDonalds, BK isn't much better, but I've never really tried anywhere else. I love Chik-File's breakfast. I have no idea how to spell that name either. But they aren't open on sunday. Any suggestions? I wouldn't mind a quick answer either. Im rather hungry. :D

2. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Go to the local coffee shop and get a muffin and some hot beverage of your choice

3. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Well, the only coffee house that I will go to at this time of the morning is starbucks. Because I can drive there in like 2 minutes (at this time of day. when school gets out it takes around 30. Thats an example of a hyperbole btw.). I once tried a coffee cake there. Hated it. But a muffin sounds good. Does starbucks have muffins?

4. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Maybe...I'm not sure.

5. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    W/e we shall see. I'll report back when I'm done! :mad: <-- thats my game face

6. dunkin dougnuts dude

7. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I don't drink coffe, but starbucks does have some pretty good pastries and stuff. Their muffins are usually good and sometimes they have good rice krispies treats. Dunkin' Donuts has pretty good donuts and I know a lot of people like their breakfast sandwiches.
    -Alex

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Go to a Deli and have them make you a sandwich. Adopt said sandwich as your breakfast meal of choice.

9. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I knuckle down and cook.

But then, I'm not a breakfast guy, so if I actually want breakfast, I'm already willing to go through the effort.

10. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Starbucks does have muffins. Unfortunately they are bad muffins.

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Someday I'm going to go to Starbucks. I've never been, I want to know why it sucks so much!

12. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    I just throw a dab of olive oil in a cast iron skillet, Throw in Jimmy dean bacon breakfast skillets (potatoes peppers onions bacon all choped up) Scramble some eggs, and rye toast w/honey and strawberry jam. Takes 10 minutes

13. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Ok, why does everyone hate Starbucks? Because its commercial? I swear... I mean if you genuinely don't like it thats fine but I hate how people hate things just because its popular. Sure, there are way better things out there. And maybe not all of it is great. But if its so popular then something must be good about it. I know no one here actually said they hated starbucks, but the thought occurred in my mind.

14. olps

olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Canada
    Deli's are great, fresh sandwichs make a great quick meal.

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    just swing into a deli or diner and get a Porkroll, egg and cheese on a hardroll to go!

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Starbucks has THE worst coffee in existence!!!!

I'll go without before drinking that sewage.

17. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Yum this is good. Little pepper jack cheese on top
    IMAG0026_2.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Some really good breakfast food comes out of our kitchen every Saturday and Sunday morning. You should stop by sometime. :D

-Mike

19. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Tim Horton's :)

20. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    It's popularity doesn't bug me whatsoever, I just don't like the taste of the coffee that they make.

Just throw me a large coffee with milk from Tim Horton's, and that, is the perfect coffee ;)