Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's a good place to get used amps/cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleabass89, Nov 24, 2001.

1. The only place I can find besides Ebay (shudder) is bassnw. Not very good selection there, though. Please no auctions, they make me ill... Thanks:)

2. you have to look around. do u have a music-go- round? checkthe local music store. i just got a ampeg 4x8 for 125 bucks at guitar center

3. If u want u can drive out to the GC In monroville (did i spell that right?) But you can always juss check the place above hollowood. I can't remember the name but thatz where i got my bass and they real good.

<--- 100 posts :)

4. monroeville, i would go to guitar center on a week day though causeall these little 10 year olds are there with their parents buying squier strats or screwing up the nice gear

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've found some very nice stuff on Bassgear.com.

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Is there a Daddys Junky Music store by you?

7. Not that I'm aware of.

I just went to GC today, there weren't any used amps or cabs. Damn. Oh well.. Thanks for the info. So far Hollowood's (a local music store) has been pretty good to me and there's a peavey TX410 for $210.