1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's a good price for a Cirrus 4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Feb 22, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Frickin frackin, (*&^%$%!

Okay, so I live to dog on Peavey gear. Bring me my big plate of crow to eat, because I picked up a Cirrus 4 string today and it just felt so, so RIGHT in my hands. Oh man, the GAS pains...

I don't have the cash right now, so I didn't talk turkey on the price, but the tag was about $1600.

I figure that I can get it for less, especially since one of my bandmates has worked there for years as a guitar teacher. I honestly didn't pay attention to the wood type, but it looked like a quilted maple top and the darker wood (pau ferro?) fingerboard. I don't see this particular combo on Peavey's website... does price vary substantially between the various wood choices?

So, what price should I try to bargain for on this beauty?

2. A place 'round me sells it for $1295 I think, or maybe $1495 at most.

Grrr. I want one! Can you be a dear get me one while you're out there?

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Bolt On: $350-600
    Neck-Thru: $1100-1400

Dm

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I picked mine up for $999. the guy gave me a discount because I took lessons at this store for years and years. A reasonable price would be anywhere up to about $1200 though.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've seen used ones go for $600-800

6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea theres a bubinga top 4 string used for 799 near me. I also have some GAS for this bass. But after seeing a recent thread I wasn't as interested. On someone's cirrus, the body wood was cracking off the neck. I was wondering, does this happen to alot of people? As good as this bass sounds and as good as it looks, I don't want to buy a bass thats will start cracking like that.