What's a good price for a Cirrus 4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Feb 22, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Frickin frackin, (*&^%$%!

Okay, so I live to dog on Peavey gear. Bring me my big plate of crow to eat, because I picked up a Cirrus 4 string today and it just felt so, so RIGHT in my hands. Oh man, the GAS pains...

I don't have the cash right now, so I didn't talk turkey on the price, but the tag was about $1600.

I figure that I can get it for less, especially since one of my bandmates has worked there for years as a guitar teacher. I honestly didn't pay attention to the wood type, but it looked like a quilted maple top and the darker wood (pau ferro?) fingerboard. I don't see this particular combo on Peavey's website... does price vary substantially between the various wood choices?

So, what price should I try to bargain for on this beauty?
  2. A place 'round me sells it for $1295 I think, or maybe $1495 at most.

Grrr. I want one! Can you be a dear get me one while you're out there?
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Bolt On: $350-600
    Neck-Thru: $1100-1400

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I picked mine up for $999. the guy gave me a discount because I took lessons at this store for years and years. A reasonable price would be anywhere up to about $1200 though.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've seen used ones go for $600-800
  6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea theres a bubinga top 4 string used for 799 near me. I also have some GAS for this bass. But after seeing a recent thread I wasn't as interested. On someone's cirrus, the body wood was cracking off the neck. I was wondering, does this happen to alot of people? As good as this bass sounds and as good as it looks, I don't want to buy a bass thats will start cracking like that.