Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats a good price for a used ampeg b100r ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Musik Meister, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Hi, I'm looking for used Ampeg b100r amps. Whats a good price range on these so I know I'm not getting ripped off. Thx

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Since they've gone up to ~$479 new, I'd guess $300 would be a good price for a really clean one. I think they're a bargain. I'm an owner and have steered several friends in that direction.

3. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I stand corrected.

Looks like people are willing to pay in excess of $350 for an amp that sold brand new for $400 three years ago. My amp has appreciated;)

4. so is 350 a fair price ?????

5. I sold mine on TB for $325. I knew I could get a little more on Ebay, but wanted a TBer to have it and not go thru the hassle of the auction.

6. well if i buy this one on ebay for 350 and 30 shipping...will it be a rip off??

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    You could do that or wait for a cheaper one on eBay or pay for a new one at $479 or wait for one to possibly show up locally cheaper than eBay.

It's not a "ripoff" either way, it's what they cost nowadays.

8. Ok, i'm just going to buy this one then...i really need an amp. Thx for your help

9. I got my Ampeg B2R for $547.00(no shipping) last june(01) from musicians friend.The retail on that was $749.00.Of course the retail on music stuff is like on any other big ticket item.....a guideline.You can find them new for less or more.

Check the big boys before going to ebay.Ebay has some killer deals though,just check out eh seller`s
    feedback is all. :D I know you are looking for the b100r but you may get the b2r for a bit more...up to you. :D

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    The B2R is a head, the B-100R is a combo. $479 is the current selling price for the B-100R new. Add at least $200 to the price of the B2R for a speaker cab. Different ballpark.

11. I recently got one on ebay for $320. Watch the auction until the last second and place your bid. That way you dont drive up the price and you get it for much less. I think shipping was about $30 on top of that, so it came to $350. And I think thats fair, and it sounds really good!!

Later -
    K.

12. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I got one on eBay about a year ago for $240 BIN...keep your eyes open!

13. SheaNC

SheaNC Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Marysville CA
    I got my B-100R used, at a local music store, for $250. I was mighty lucky that day.

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Yes, you did. I sold my spare one earlier this year for more than I paid for it. Congrats.