1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's a good price for the Peavey Minx 110?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndrewT, Jun 16, 2001.

1. AndrewT

AndrewT

Jun 16, 2001
    Sugar Land, TX
    Hello all, this is my first post, I've been reading for a week or so. I'm a beginner bassist and have decided to buy a Peavey Minx 110 (I'm kind of on a budget, as I am a poor college guy). The only place near me that sells Peavey equipment is H&H Music, and I always thought their prices were a little on the high side for all the violin equipment I bought there. They have the Minx 110 for $190 (the sign says its on sale, but whatever). I can't find any online dealer for Peavey either, so I was wondering if you could tell me how much you paid for yours, or how much you've seen it for. Thanks a lot.

2. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Welcome to Talkbass! I paid $180 for my Minx, and I've seen used ones for $120. When I wanted to trade mine in, the store would offer me $60 according to the book value. I highly recommend saving up for something a little more powerful unless you aren't going to be playing with anyone else for a while. I had my Minx for about 5months before I had to buy a more powerful amp for playing out. Good luck!

3. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Oh, and I think Peavey has a policy that prohibits online sale of their stuff, unless you're buying used.

4. hey i bought a minx 110 about 8 years ago, it was $ 271 canadian, surely they would not be that much now.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I have bought Peavey amp online. Such policy would be foolish anyways.

6. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    I bought my Minx about 2 years ago for $100 at a pawn shop. It was in good condition, but i don't think i would pay more than $120 for this amp unless it is in new condition. IMO.

7. 12Toes

12Toes

Apr 19, 2001
    Lexington, KY
    Got one two weeks ago on Ebay, $135 (shipped to my door). The seller bought it for his wife who never touched it. The amp sounds much better than I expected. I have zero "buyer's regret".

8. Mine was $110 from eBay. Condition about 8 ~ 9 out of 10.

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I paid $100 at a pawn shop. I've seen 'em go for $179 tops.

Will