What's a good price for the Peavey Minx 110?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndrewT, Jun 16, 2001.

1. AndrewT

Jun 16, 2001
    Sugar Land, TX
    Hello all, this is my first post, I've been reading for a week or so. I'm a beginner bassist and have decided to buy a Peavey Minx 110 (I'm kind of on a budget, as I am a poor college guy). The only place near me that sells Peavey equipment is H&H Music, and I always thought their prices were a little on the high side for all the violin equipment I bought there. They have the Minx 110 for $190 (the sign says its on sale, but whatever). I can't find any online dealer for Peavey either, so I was wondering if you could tell me how much you paid for yours, or how much you've seen it for. Thanks a lot.
  2. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Welcome to Talkbass! I paid $180 for my Minx, and I've seen used ones for $120. When I wanted to trade mine in, the store would offer me $60 according to the book value. I highly recommend saving up for something a little more powerful unless you aren't going to be playing with anyone else for a while. I had my Minx for about 5months before I had to buy a more powerful amp for playing out. Good luck!
  3. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Oh, and I think Peavey has a policy that prohibits online sale of their stuff, unless you're buying used.
  4. hey i bought a minx 110 about 8 years ago, it was $ 271 canadian, surely they would not be that much now.
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I have bought Peavey amp online. Such policy would be foolish anyways.
  6. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    I bought my Minx about 2 years ago for $100 at a pawn shop. It was in good condition, but i don't think i would pay more than $120 for this amp unless it is in new condition. IMO.
  7. 12Toes

Apr 19, 2001
    Lexington, KY
    Got one two weeks ago on Ebay, $135 (shipped to my door). The seller bought it for his wife who never touched it. The amp sounds much better than I expected. I have zero "buyer's regret".
  8. Mine was $110 from eBay. Condition about 8 ~ 9 out of 10.
  9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I paid $100 at a pawn shop. I've seen 'em go for $179 tops.