Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's a good song to learn how to sing and play?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by AndrewT, Aug 14, 2001.

1. AndrewT

AndrewT

Jun 16, 2001
    Sugar Land, TX
    Alas, that's another skill that takes tons of practice. Can anyone recommend some good songs to learn how to play and sing at the same time? Thanks!

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    NOFX - Stickin in my eye

3. Nothing Else Matters- Metallica.

Its slow and straight forward, and because his voice is so flat its easy to mimick.

;)

Merls

4. Try "Money" by Pink Floyd, then try some Primus songs.

5. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I'm working on "Roundabout" by Yes... some parts are pretty easy, others are hard. I'm practicing the harmony parts, not Jon Anderson's lead vocals.

6. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    A lot of blink 182 songs are easy to play and sing at the time same time. Infact, I'm not positive about this but every blink song I can play, I can also sing.

7. MXPX, Mike sings as well as plays bass (some very interesting lines also), check out the Album Teenage Politics, much better then the rest. A lot of the songs are *very fun to play and sing along.

8. I would deffinetley say any song by the police and then move on to some pink floyd and if you feel like a challenge learn some rush or primus. No, but seriously, the police are probably your best bet. Straightforward stuff, but it gets you used to singing against the rythm.

9. "The Rock Show" - Blink 182