What's a good way to sell my bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 0scar, Jul 19, 2005.

1. 0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    Also, I really would not like to use ebay/e-classified/ect. where I have to ship it out somewhere. I mean just locally, what's the best thing to do to sell it. Also, how much do you think I should sell it for? It's a Warwick Corvette Classic 5 string (sunburst finish), has like 2 minor scratches, but the bad part is that electronically something is messed up. For some reason, whenever I turn up the bass knob past halfway it gets distorted. I've tried getting this fixed once and it worked temporarily but its back again. Anyways, if I sell it with this defect, how much could I get out of it?
  2. ask if you can post it in your local music store? like a flyer or somthing. post a classified in your newspaper or any local message boards
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    try changing the battery. don't leave the instrument plugged in when you're not playing it - the battery drains when they chord is in the jack.
  4. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I can only comment on selling yr axe locally. I had a guitar that I WAS going to sell on eBay but it looked more and more like after various parties got their cut, I'd be left with much less than I had hoped to get for it. So I used the net and classifieds in a very cost-effective and easy way. Please hear me out, it was easy!

First I borrowed a friend's digital camera and took pictures of the guitar from every angle I could come up with. I then posted the pics and descriptions on a free website via Yahoo Geo Cities. I then took out a $25 dollar ad in the local hipster art and leisure rag (sorta like our local Village Voice) with bare bones info because the bigger the ad, the more it costs. BUT I included my guitar site web address, "for more info and picitures..." Not only did I sell the guitar, I sold some old guitar pickups I had laying around too. I made more than I had planned and it only cost me $25 and a little time. Hope this helps.

5. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Send it to me. Include a return address card, and I'll send you $1.00.
  6. jazzblade

Jun 21, 2005
    Northern Cal
    I second the use of Craigslist. Bought and sold some stuff on it. very easy to deal with only locals if you want.