What's a good website for storing audio clips on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fender32, May 19, 2007.

1. In "the bad old days", I used to use "the attachment" method to add matchbox-sized photo images to my posts on TB. Then, some kind soul introduced me to Photobucket.com and now, I can simply post a link to an image in my Photobucket account and conjure up big ol' images like this one, without requiring any storage space in my TB account ....

136-3675_IMG.jpg

My question is; How do you do the same thing with .mp3 and other music files :meh: ?

I can't store them in my Photobucket account (it only accepts photo or video formats). Is there a good website that any of you know of, where I could download music files and then post links to them in forum posts?

I wanted to use it for my own recordings, rather than "pirating", or infringing on any copyright laws, in case that makes a difference ;) .

Thanks in advance for your posts :D .

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Good question. A lot of music files I see others post don't work for me for some reason. I go to the site but it's so cryptic
    I can't figure out how to make what ever it is play, so I give up pretty quickly. There must be a good site to share
    music files with others that isn't chock full of adds and log-ons. :meh:

3. I'm not sure you will ever find a site that won't require authentication. It will be all about tracing via email the offender of pirate files.

Setting up such a site is very simple, I've often wondered about setting up a site for bands that want a central point of contact with their files, calandar and all the other bits that would make it easier for a band to communicate without confusion.

That site would also be for member generated video instruction and sound samples, tabs etc.

It seems to get all the gear a bass play want you need to be a member of too many sites.

I'm interetsed in doing something like this but there must be a least a small group to get it going. I have the hosting servers, the unlimited link etc etc. There is no costs associated at least in the initial part. Adds can cover the later part which would only be increased bandwith.

If you guys want to get involved in it I'm all ears.

???????

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021