Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whats a healthy breakfeast food?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well, now that I wake up in time to eat breakfeast, I need to eat it, whats something good to start the day off with?

2. Egg whites and oatmeal.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oatmeal and some fruit. I prefer grapefruit, natural metabolism enhancer for me.

-Mike

4. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well, its to the supermarket tommorow, to buy a lot of oatmeal. Thats the only thing I like that you guys listed. Maybe some blue berry morning?

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Sausage, eggs, rye toast, and tons of coffee.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I got myself an southwastern bbq ranch chicken salad for morning...

7. +1.

Failing that, there's always left-over pizza.

8. Or Chinese.

9. Or American.

10. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    oatmeal won't do it, you need proteines. Maybe if you eat some cheese with that. Low fat creton would be great also.

11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Beer. :D

12. Not funny, dude. You need protein with breakfast, as someone pointed out.

Beer and beef jerky.

Randy

13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I can tell you what's not.

A croissant breakfast sandwich with ham cheese and eggs from Burger King.

Couple of years ago I downed one, then went in for a blood test. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, my doctor literally ran out of his office, chased me down in the parking lot, and showed me a test tube of my blood with this two inch long head of fat, kind of like a foam head on a beer.

He was mad and said "What the he** did you eat for breakfast?"

14. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Tiger Shark.

15. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Sorry, one meal of eggs, ham, cheese, and roll will not cause your blood to separate into fat and blood. If this is the case, you most likely have a genetic condition that causes you to produce a ton more cholesterol than you need.

Remember, you can only control your serum cholesterol level 15-20% either way of it's natural number via diet and exercise. Everything else is genetics, and if it's abnormally high, you'll need to take medication to bring it into the safe range.

I've been down this road myself for the last 10 years. Untreated, my cholesterol is 400. If I were to make every effort to reduce that through diet and exercise, I could shave 80 points off that at most, leaving me at 320 - still dangerously high. Through diet, exercise and Zocor (simvastatin), mt last cholesterol test was 176.

16. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    It didn't make sense to me when he showed me but he said that was a result of what I had eaten earlier.

17. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Mmmmm, Bacon. With a side of bacon.

18. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    Oatmeal is pretty much porridge, yeah? Fruit doesn't contain much protein, does it? If you're going to have fruit, may as well have banana, I find it's the only fruit that doesn't make me feel hungry five minutes later.

Eggs on toast?

19. Steak and eggs and hash browns and wheat toast. Can't think of anything better than that.

20. Getting plenty of protein in your breakfast is probably one of the best things you can do to keep up your energy level. If all you eat is a bowl of Cheerios, you're probably going to be hungry again by 10.

Protein shakes are good. So is toast with peanut butter. Or eggs, or yogurt. There also are a lot of high-protein cereals out now, although some of them taste like packing material.