What's a Lakland 55-94 sound like you ask?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NOLABASS, Jan 28, 2004.

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
  2. The bass and the music sound real good.

Dark bluesy funk! Me like! :hyper:

Is that your band?

3. theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Great tune, reminds me of a cross between Stax stuff, and maybe a little Jaco. Love the sound of a 55-94! I had one, but I let it go...sniff sniff. That tune would rock with more ghost notes, a'la Barbary Coast...just a thought. Your drummer sounds a little stiff, but the tune is great. Thanks for the clip.

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    Thanks guys, thats our band Fat Finger out of New Orleans.

Link Here
  5. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Great stuff, I really liked this tune! Congrats for the playing, this is really clean!
  6. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Nice groove. I really like the laid back pace of your bass line. It reminds me of Bryan Mir on Willy Porter's "Falling Forward" CD.

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    Today I'm going in the studio with Jeffery "Jelly Bean" Alexander on drums. I can't wait, he's my favorite drummer here in New Orleans. He's the drummer for Jon Cleary, who is Bonnie Rait and Taj Mahals pianist. Woo Hoo!
  8. Congrats on the Lakland :cool: :hyper: I love the tone!! I wants one someday.

Your playing is soooo nice and locked, I'd venture a guess you've been playing awhile ;) .

I think I remember your posts from some time ago, Nola - good to hear from you. BTW - your band is tasty as hell!! I'd love to play that flavor of music someday....

Question: what instrument is your keyboardist playing (the Hammond sound) ??

Oct 16, 2002
    New Orleans
    That would be a 1954 B3. Our b3 player is the "B3 Doctor" and repairs/buys/sells/parts B3s for a living. He had a fire about a year ago and 53 B3s, not to mention Leslie #013 got destroyed. Sad, sad story. But he is back in the biz, really never left, and that '54 B3 sounds amazing. Thanks for the comments guys, it has been a while and this time around it's been pleasent. ~peter
  10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh my god. That is horrible. Tell him I'm sorry.

Clip sounds great by the way! The playing is spectacular, and the bass sounds amazing.